To see the website in a different language, click on SELECT LANGUAGE
The website is available in 67 different LANGUAGES
P.O. Box 19037, Encino, CA 91416 U.S.A.
Tel: (818) 602-2455 Fax: (818) 708-0768
Kombucha Tea Recipe
Based on many years of experience,
producing the best tasting Kombucha Tea, the following is a brief
instructional guide on how to care for your Kombucha Mushroom. Included
are: How to prepare, ferment the tea, how and when to harvest and how to
store the mushroom.
1. Bring 3 quarts of distilled or purified water to boil in a stainless steel cooking pot (stock pot).
2. When boiling, add one cup( 8oz. ) of Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar. Boil for five minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, remove the cooking pot (in order to stop the boiling). Add four Organic Orange Pekoe Black Tea bags or 4 tea spoons in a stainless steel tea ball, cover the pot with the it’s lid. Let steep for 15 minutes.
4. Remove and discard tea bags or empty tea ball.
5. Allow sweetened tea to cool to room temperature, even if it takes overnight.
6. When at room temperature, pour the sweetened tea into a One gallon, 5 inch diameter size jar. (This is where the tea will ferment.)
7. Before pouring the cooled tea into the jar, pour 8 oz. of the starter tea (which came with the mushroom) into the Jar. Then pour the cooled tea into the Jar, to ensure an even mixture of the tea with the starter. For future batches you may use your own Kombucha tea starter. In the event that no starter is available to you, you may use 8 oz. of Organic, Raw, Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar as a starter.
8. Place the Kombucha mushroom on top of the sweetened, cool tea, making sure that the darker rougher side faces down.( Don’t worry if it sinks to the bottom, it’s O.K.)
9. Cover Jar with a piece of loosely woven cloth (the mushroom has to “breath”. Cotton or linen or paper towel will do just fine.)
10. Secure with a rubber band to keep cloth (or paper towel) in place and to keep out any insects or contamination.
11. Place the Jar in a ventilated place (preferably on a special Kombucha electric heating panel to keep the tea at an ideal constant temperature) to ferment for at least 10 days, without moving it, but away from direct sunlight and kitchen odors, plants and pets. The ideal constant fermenting temperature, according to our several years of production experience, is 85-89 degree. F.
12. At about 10 days remove cover and dip a pH test strip into the tea to measure the degree of acidity it has reached during the fermentation process (degree of acidity to be not less than 3.0 pH).
13. Does not have a “bite”, continue with the fermentation process for few more days and retest.
14. After the fermented tea has passed the tests, it can now be called “KOMBUCHA TEA.” Remove the mushroom that has formed on top of the “KOMBUCHA Tea” If the “mother” and it’s “baby” are stuck to each other (the baby on top of the mother), separate the two carefully and place them in a jar with enough “Kombucha Tea” (as a source of nourishment) to cover it, for future use. However after several batches discard the old mushroom.
15. Pour “KOMBUCHA tea” through a close mesh Strainer and a funnel into a glass container. Store the “Kombucha Tea” in the refrigerator, ready for consumption.
RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES : Stainless steel pot; Distilled or Purified water; Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar, Organic Orange Pekoe Black Tea bags or loose tea; Skimmer ladle; Cloth or paper towel; Rubber Band; Gallon size Fermentation Jars.
If the pH test shows 3.0 or less on the pH scale, a further test with your taste buds is recommended. So take with the help of a baster a small quantity of sample to taste it. It should have a “sweet & sour” taste with a” bite”. If the pH test shows higher than 3.0 pH let it ferment a few days more.
RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES: Stainless steel pot; Distilled or Purified water; Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar, Organic Orange Pekoe Black Tea bags or loose tea; Skimmer ladle: Cloth or paper towel; Rubber Band; Gallon size Fermentation Jars. 5 inch in diameter, Special Kombucha Electric Heating Panel; Baster; Funnel; pH test strips, Stainless steel Tea Ball.
A.F. DISTRIBUTION (KOMBUCHA)
Back to Top
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
web server statistics